Eurobent provides bentonite mats – so called “geosynthetic clay liners” – geocomposites designed for the sealing of structures in civil engineering. The sealing effect is provided by bentonite, a clay material – embedded within two (or more) geotextile layers.
Bentonite absorbs water from surrounding soil, but its expansion is impeded by layer pressure. In consequence this leads to the formation of a highly tight layer that provides sealing to construction elements.
Eurobent replaces all traditional mineral sealants. Better sealing performance, cost-effectiveness and eco-friendliness are the most important reasons for choosing the Eurobent solution.
Thanks to absorbing water, bentonite contained in Eurobent expands, creating a highly water-tight layer.
- small mass minimizes cost of transport and is harmless for the environment
- quick and easy installation does not require highly qualified personnel, expensive welding or use of heavy sealing equipment
- high sealing performance with predefined permeability
- self-restoring capability in case of small perforations, due to swelling properties
- width up to 5.40 m reduces loss on connections
- verified quality enhances construction safety
Eurobent can be used to seal all types of constructions, such as:
- base and surface seals of waste disposals (landfill caps)
- canals and storage reservoirs
- tank storage sites
- composting plants
- tunnel and building seals
- filtering and storage reservoirs
- run-off basins
- roads leading through protected areas
- and many more
Link to Eurobent Documents